Assistant Headteacher (L3-8 Starting salary based upon experience)
We are looking to appoint an inspiring and talented qualified teacher as Assistant Headteacher in our friendly and supportive school where we aim for all pupils and staff to ‘explore, succeed and soar’. This post would involve a 4 day teaching responsibility and 1 day out of class for the leadership role.
What we are looking for:
- A successful teacher, ideally with core subject or phase leadership experience in a primary school, who engages, inspires and motivates children and staff to be their best.
- An outstanding communicator, with experience of mentoring and coaching.
- A resourceful, reflective and resilient leader with a relentless drive to raise outcomes and hold the highest aspirations and expectations for all, and, in particular for this role, disadvantaged pupils.
- An expert in using ICT to support learning, analyse pupil performance and enhance communication with the wider community.
- A team player with a good sense of humour and passion for the job.
Why join the team at Ravensthorpe?
It’s a brilliant time to join us!
- We teach a rich and creative curriculum and are so proud of our children’s behaviour, attitude to learning and their enthusiasm to take on new challenges.
- We have an ambitious staff team who are dedicated and united in their desire to create the very best provision for our pupils and build upon our ‘good’ Ofsted judgement (2016).
- We have recently partnered with three local primary schools and our feeder secondary school to form the Peterborough Keys Academies Trust. This will lead to exciting opportunities to collaborate and learn from each other.
- We are members of the Paragon Teaching School Alliance and play a key part in training and supporting the teachers and leaders of the future.
- We are a growing school and enjoy the benefits of a recently refurbished building and high quality resources.
- We are committed to high quality professional development and we value staff well-being and happiness.
Please contact the office by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone 01733 263342 for more details and to arrange a meeting to discuss the vision for the school with the Headteacher. Alternatively you can download the application pack from our school website, www.ravensthorpeprimary.org.uk.
Ravensthorpe Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS clearance check.
Closing Date: 3pm on 26th April 2018
Interview Date: 3rd May 2018
Ravensthorpe School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to references, DBS and medical checks.